The Nigerian Communications Act (2003) conferred on the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria the power to constitute an eleven (11) member USP Board to, among other functions, provide broad policy directions for the management of the USPF. The Act states that membership of the Board shall comprise:
- The Minister of Communications & Digital Economy as Chairman
- The Board Chairman of Nigerian Communications Commission as Vice Chairman
- Two (2) Commissioners
- One (1) representative of the Ministry of Communications, Innovation & Digital Economy
- One (1) representative of the Minister of Finance
- One (1) representative of the Chairman, National Planning Commission; and
- Four (4) private sector representatives.
Dr. 'Bosun Tijani is the Minister of Communications, Innovation and Digital Economy of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Chairman of the Board of the USPF. An accomplished entrepreneur and business leader, Dr. Tijani is a pioneer in the African startup ecosystem and has been instrumental in driving innovation and fostering the growth of tech startups across the continent.